What can I make with my Piccalilly fabric?
As our last blog post explained, here at Piccalilly we were alarmed with the amount of fabric being wasted each season and so wanted to do something a little different with our leftover prints. You’ll have seen that we’ve just launched a limited edition collection, made from some of our most previously loved Piccalilly prints.
Our Upcycle range launched only a few weeks ago and they have been flying out of our warehouse. Not only can you get your hands on one of our limited edition designs, but you can also buy our 100% organic cotton jersey fabric by the metre to make your own creations.
If you are looking for inspiration, our Piccalilly team have come up with some suggestions :
- Bags or pouches - Create a little drawstring bag to carry toys and activities for car journeys or restaurant trips.
- You could also create a pouch for your nappy bag, big enough to store all of your changing essentials
- Reading corner - You could create a selection of cushions/pillows and if you are feeling adventurous, you could
- Make a teepee (stressful but worth the outcome)
- Bunting - Why not make some reusable bunting that you can string up in the nursery, bedroom or playroom.
- Aprons - If you enjoy baking with your Lovely Little People, you could make matching aprons to wear whilst in the kitchen.
- Small, stuffed toys - Find a simple pattern online to create little stuffed animal toys. You could always do this as an activity with older children (under close adult supervision of course!)
- Teddy Bear/dolls clothing - Why should humans have to have all the Piccalilly fun - make some teeny, tiny Piccaliscious clothing for their toys
- Fancy dress - How about sewing together some dragon wings or a tail - lots of make believe fun to be had here.
- Headbands/head scarves - Why not add some matching accessories to your Piccalilly outfits
- And the obvious, create your own bespoke Piccalilly clothing to your exact specification!
Don’t let this beautifully soft fabric go to waste, create something original that can be loved and handed down.
Order your fabric today from our website and get sewing.
What do you think of our ideas? Have you got any more? We’d love to hear them and better still, we’d love to see them.
Don’t forget to tag us in photos of your creations. #piccaliscious #piccalilly