We're recruiting for a new childrenswear designer & garment technologist role
Piccalilly is one of the UK’s leading organic kidswear brands. We have recently expanded our ranges to also include womenswear and bedlinen. We design in the UK, manufacture (off-shore), import and export our own range of bright and colourful print led organic clothing using a transparent supply chain from field through to factory. Our organic clothes are GOTS certified and we are passionate about sustainability and environmentally sound methods of manufacturing.
Piccalilly is based in the market town of Settle in the Yorkshire Dales. We launched to trade in 2006 and now have over 400 stockists in the UK, Europe and Worldwide. We are looking for a new member to join our design team.
This is a commercial and creative role within a small design team to help create our ethically manufactured baby and kidswear ranges and continue to strengthen our bright and colourful products which are known for their signature prints and fabulous functionality.
- Working within the design team to design garments from Newborn up to 10 years
- Grading new styles according to our sizing structure
- Assist in creating mood boards and colour palettes each season
- Assist in creating repeat prints, placement prints, embroidery and appliqué detailing
- Assisting our illustrator and graphic designers to create themes and support the print process each season
- Analysis of previous season ranges
- Research current and future trends within the baby and kidswear market
- Carry out competitor benchmarking
You will need to have the following skills;
- Strong print design skills
- Excellent drawing skills and creative flair
- Some experience using Adobe Creative Suite (or similar)
- Working to strict deadlines
- Fabulous communication skills
- Be super organised
- Have a strong eye for detail
- A ‘can do’ attitude is a vital part of the Piccalilly ethos
- Recent graduates will be considered
What’s in it for you?
- The opportunity to work within a fun and dynamic commercial business
- Fabulous career and development opportunity
If this job sounds like it’s for you please send your CV and covering letter to The Managing Director, Piccalilly Limited, Unit 1, Barrel Sykes Farmhouse, Langcliffe Road, Settle, North Yorkshire BD24 9LP or email firstname.lastname@example.org