This page is being updated daily and where necessary.
31.3.20 (update) - Our on-line shop is still open for business and we continue to monitor the situation and government guidelines daily. As a small locally operated and family run business we have been able to streamline our business and restructure very quickly to enable us to continue to process orders daily. We do not employ staff who commute in and out of the area and the warehouse is operated by a core team from within a 1 mile radius of HQ. We have a Royal Mail scheduled daily collection from our warehouse meaning we do not need to travel to dispatch orders.
While it may seem trivial to remain open the simple fact is that we have staff and a supply chain that rely on us. We have to keep the show on the road, while it is safe to do so, so that we can do our best to look after them.
Additional measures introduced include;
- Keeping an eye on the number of orders being placed daily on the website and restricting where necessary
- Delaying the launch of our new season Summer ranges
24.3.20 First and foremost we hope you and your loved ones are safe and healthy.
Our highest priority right now is the health and safety of our employees, customers and partners across the world. Given the strict guidelines and recent lockdown measures the Piccalilly team have reorganised, adapted our daily routines and we remain fully operational to dispatch orders being placed online at this present time.
Last night (23rd March 2020) the government ordered non-essential retailers to shutdown. The Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government also released clarifying guidance following the Prime Minister’s announcement which stated: “Online retail is still open and encouraged and postal and delivery service will run as normal.” Whilst this guidance remains in place we will continue to dispatch daily.
There are currently no delays in the UK postal or courier service but this may be subject to change and we aim to update this page regularly to reflect any changes. Due to problems delivering in Italy at this current moment in time we are not accepting orders on the website to Italy but as soon as we can we will get this back up and running. If this effects you and you would like to place an order for dispatch at a later time please email [email protected] and we can discuss reserving an order.
With more and more people not being able to leave their homes we wanted to let you know that we’re taking care of our staff to ensure that we can take of you at this tricky time. We have had in operation for some time now appropriate actions and protocols to ensure that our work environment is protected and hygiene is maintained. This includes a strict sanitisation policy for staff on arrival and departure from HQ and daily sanitisation of work stations and touch points throughout the entire building. There is a strict 2 metre rule in place and no visitors are currently allowed on the premises.
The following changes have taken place with immediate effect and until further notice;
- Our office and warehouse is closed to all visitors until further notice with the exception of prearranged visits or pick-ups. If you have placed an order on the Piccalilly website for collection at HQ please wait for correspondence about a collection time prior to collection.
- A skeleton staff is present daily to process orders and answer telephones between the hours of 12 – 4pm daily. Inside and outside these hours we will be working remotely to process orders and get them ready for picking and dispatch.
- Our skeleton staff are local to HQ and we do not commute in or out of the area.
- The rest of the Piccalilly team are either working from home or currently on leave.
All customer enquiries and refunds are being dealt with but please allow up to 48 hours for any email response.
If you need to speak to someone please call 01729 822288 / +44 (0) 1729 822288 between 12 – 4pm Monday – Friday or email [email protected] and we’ll call you back as soon as possible.