Junior / Trainee Childrenwear Designer
Piccalilly is one of the UK’s leading organic kidswear brands. We have recently expanded our ranges to also include womenswear and bedlinen. We design in the UK, manufacture (off-shore), import and export our own range of bright and colourful print led organic clothing using a transparent supply chain from field through to factory. Our organic clothes are GOTS certified and we are passionate about sustainability and environmentally sound methods of manufacturing.
Piccalilly is based in the market town of Settle in the Yorkshire Dales. We launched to trade in 2006 and now have over 400 stockists in the UK, Europe and Worldwide. We have a growing B2C market selling direct to consumer through our own websites in the UK and overseas. We now look for a new member to join our design team and assist with further growth.
This is an entry level junior design role ideal for a recent graduate, or similar, assisting in all aspects of the design process. This is a hands-on role within a small design team creating ethically manufactured baby and kidswear ranges and continue to strengthen our bright and colourful products which are known for their signature prints and fabulous functionality.
- Working within the design team to design garments from newborn up to 10 years
- Working on a capsule range of womenswear and bedlinens
- Grading new styles according to our sizing structure
- Assist in creating mood boards and colour palettes each season
- Assist in creating repeat prints, placement prints, embroidery and appliqué detailing
- Assisting our illustrator and graphic designers to create themes and support the print process each season
- Analysis of previous season ranges
- Research current and future trends within the baby and kidswear market
- Carry out competitor benchmarking
You will need to have the following skills and qualifications;
- Graduate level, other qualifications will be considered
- Strong print design skills
- Excellent drawing skills and creative flair
- Some experience using Adobe Creative Suite (or similar)
- Working to strict deadlines
- Fabulous communication skills
- Be super organised
- Have a strong eye for detail
- A ‘can do’ attitude is a vital part of the Piccalilly ethos
- Recent graduates will be considered
- Must be a team player
Please note this role is based in the market town of Settle in the Yorkshire Dales and consideration to the location is a must. We will not be considering this role on a freelance work basis, this is an office based position.
If this job sounds like it’s for you please send your CV and covering letter to The Managing Director, Piccalilly Limited, Unit 1, Barrel Sykes Farmhouse, Langcliffe Road, Settle, North Yorkshire BD24 9LP or email email@example.com