Piccalilly is one of the UK’s leading organic kidswear brands. We design, manufacture (off-shore), import and export our own bright colourful and beautifully designed organic clothing using a transparent supply chain from field through to factory using GOTS certified organic cotton and other eco-friendly fabrics. Piccalilly is Soil Association certified and manufactures to high ethical and sustainability standards.
Piccalilly is based in the market town of Settle in the Yorkshire Dales.
We’re now looking for a new person to join our design team.
This is a commercial and creative role supporting the activities of our senior designers within a small design team to help create our ethically manufactured baby and kidswear ranges and continue to strengthen our bright and colourful products which are known for their signature prints and fabulous functionality.
- Working alongside the Senior Designers to design garments from Newborn up to 8 years
- Grading new styles according to our sizing structure
- Assist in creating mood boards and colour palettes each season
- Assist in creating repeat prints, placement prints, embroidery and appliqué detailing
- Assisting our illustrator and graphic designers to create themes and support the print process each season
- Analysis of previous season ranges
- Research current and future trends within the baby and kidswear market
- Offer support and assist the Senior Designer with general workload
- Assist and support at photo shoots
You will need to have the following skills;
- Excellent drawing skills and creative flair
- Some experience using Adobe Creative Suite (or similar)
- Working to strict deadlines
- Fabulous communication skills
- Be super organised
- Have a strong eye for detail
- A ‘can do’ attitude is a vital part of the Piccalilly ethos
What’s in it for you?
- You’ll have the opportunity to develop your craft within a creative environment combining training within a busy work environment
- The opportunity to work within a fun and dynamic commercial business
- Fabulous career and development opportunity
If this job sounds like it’s for you please send your CV and covering letter to The Managing Director, Piccalilly Limited, Unit 1, Barrel Sykes Farmhouse, Langcliffe Road, Settle, North Yorkshire BD24 9LP or email [email protected]